We have a blog! And to celebrate we’re giving you loads of valuable stuff…
1. Updated today: Our free report on improving your conversion rate
In 2006, we wrote a quick-start guide for split-testing. It immediately became Alexa’s 3rd-highest Mover and Shaker of the week, and prompted Google’s Tom Leung to invite us to partner with them.
Today we’re releasing an updated version. It contains some extra tools, a few more tips and loads of minor modifications to reflect our current thinking on how to maximize your website’s profits. You can get it here.
2. Must-have books (in our opinion) for online marketing
We fanatically consume information about business growth and conversion rate improvement. Today we’re publishing our list of 10 “must-have” internet marketing books (in our opinion).
3. Capture your visitors’ feedback
Here’s a big problem with conversion rate optimization: To increase your website’s conversion rate, you need to find a way of persuading people who aren’t currently converting.
But those people arrive and leave without trace! How do you know what they wanted? How do you know what would have persuaded them to take action?
If you owned a real-life bricks-and-mortar store, this would be easy. You’d hear their objections. You’d be able to ask questions. You’d hear what they muttered as they headed for the door.
Capturing the voice-of-the-customer is more difficult with the web, but it can be done. One technique we use is a sitewide “give feedback” button. You can easily add one to your website using one of the following solutions:
- Kampyle (which is priced for enterprises)
- SurveyGizmo (for which the “give feedback” button is one of its many features)
Each of the above tools provides a “give feedback” button like the one at the right-hand side of this page. The company’s team members can sign in to the tool’s interface to manage all of the feedback that has been received. (The feedback is managed using an interface similar to that of an email client, having an inbox and folders.) In our case, for lean-ness, we have simply linked our “feedback” button to the form on our “Contact Us” page.
4. Be first to hear about new tools and techniques
What you should do now
1. If you'd like us to dramatically improve your conversion rate and profits, claim your FREE website strategy session.
2. If you are serious about becoming great at conversion, go to our "Learning Zone" page, where you can download valuable reports.
3. If you'd like to work for us—or see why our team members love working for us—then see our "Careers" pages.
If you enjoyed this article, then so will your friends, so why not share it...
All of our articles are subject to our Testimonial Protocol, which is described here.