Here are some great resources we’ve recently shared with each other (using Diigo):
- Writing: Top 100 speeches of the 20th century. Some of the world’s most rousing, persuasive writing.
- Self-help: Read Joshua Uebergang’s 1,000 self-help books summarized in one page. Then, with all the time you’ve saved, you can treat yourself to 5,000 hours of Xbox and Doritos. You deserve it.
- Business: The 20 smartest things Amazon’s Jeff Bezos has ever said. Numbers six, eight and nine are particularly good. He’s a smart guy, that Jeff. He’ll go far.
- Analytics: Occam’s Razor Awesomeness. Some ready-to-use custom Google Analytics reports from Avinash Kaushik. (One reviewer endearingly nicknamed it “Avinash’s greatest hits.”)
- iPhone development: If you develop an iPhone app, Watchsend records video of your users interacting with it.
- Creating new products: Survey.io. A ready-made survey to help you with customer development. Created by the excellent KISSmetrics team.
- Screen recording: If you ever need to create or edit a screen-recording, ScreenFlow (for Mac) is great. And if you have an iOS device, then this is an enjoyable way to learn how to use all of Screenflow’s features. You’ll also find this list of keyboard shortcuts for Screenflow useful. If you’re on a PC, you’ll want Camtasia instead.
- Graphic design: Swiftly is an easy way to find a graphic designer to make quick fixes for you. It was created by 99designs.
- Mind-mapping software: iThoughtsHD is great mind mapping software for iOS. Its developer has recently launched a Mac version, called iThoughtsX.
- Problem solving: How to solve it. A summary of a short book about how to solve problems, which was recommended by the programmer Rich Hickey in his talk about solving hard problems.
- Cute: Sea otters holding hands. Not work (unless you work with sea otters).
- A handy trick: At the bottom of this article, you’ll see two bookmarklets labelled “Edit this Website” and “Done Editing.” Drag them to your bookmarks bar. They’ll enable you to edit any webpage. You’ll be editing the local version in your browser, not the version on the server, but this can be useful for quickly communicating to someone how the text on a page could be changed. Or maybe you’ll squander your newfound powers by editing news sites to trick your friends.
- Being happy: Happiness app for iPhone. The easiest way to be happier is to identify what makes you happy, and then do more of it. This app asks you, at sporadic intervals, how happy you are and why. You can later browse through your entries looking for patterns.
We’re still growing fast, and we’re always hiring. To discover why our consultants like working for us, take a look at our recently updated “Careers” page.
That’s all for now. Before you go, let’s have one last look at those otters.
What you should do now
1. If you’d like us to dramatically improve your conversion rate and profits (like we did for all these companies), then claim your FREE website strategy session. On this free phone consultation, one of our experts will discuss your conversion goals and suggest strategies to double your sales.
2. If you’d like to learn conversion rate optimization for free, go to our “Learning Zone” page, where you can download templates of million-dollar winning pages. Or if you’d like us to build your company’s in-house capabilities (not for free), then contact us and we’ll discuss your requirements.
3. If you’d like to work for us—or see why our team members love working for us—then see our “Careers” pages.
If you enjoyed this article, then so will your friends, so why not share it...
All of our articles are subject to our Testimonial Protocol, which is described here.