Do you use the Gmail client (or the Google Apps version) for your email? If so, here’s a fantastic recommendation: Install Boomerang for Gmail. We started using Boomerang about a year ago, and we use it many times every day.
If you ever find yourself creating reminder tasks like “Check that Bob replied to my email,” you’re aware of the following two problems:
- If you send 50 emails a day, you need to check 50 reminders, even if 49 of those people end up replying.
- It can be cumbersome to turn an email into a task. Gmail has unique URLs for each email thread, but they can be fiddly to copy and paste into a task list—and then slow to load when you click on them.
Boomerang helps you with these issues by adding a few buttons to the Gmail interface. The most useful of these says, in effect, “Notify me if I don’t hear back within N days.” So, whenever you send an email, you can tell Boomerang to notify you if the person doesn’t reply within a certain time frame. Ideally, the person will reply to you. But if—and only if—you don’t get a response, Boomerang will reply to you instead, reminding you that the person didn’t reply. Boomerang therefore allows you to “manage by exception,” notifying you only when someone doesn’t reply within the time you specified. And because of the way Boomerang works, the email thread gets moved to the top of your inbox, so it gets your attention.
We don’t profit from recommending this or any other software; we just love tools that help us get things done, and we know that you do too. If you found this useful, you’ll appreciate the following two articles:
- SEO Book has published a more in-depth guide to using Boomerang.
- Distilled has published a guide to other useful features of Gmail for search marketers.
What you should do now
1. If you’d like us to dramatically improve your conversion rate and profits (like we did for all these companies), then claim your FREE website strategy session. On this free phone consultation, one of our experts will discuss your conversion goals and suggest strategies to double your sales.
2. If you’d like to learn conversion rate optimization for free, go to our “Learning Zone” page, where you can download templates of million-dollar winning pages. Or if you’d like us to build your company’s in-house capabilities (not for free), then contact us and we’ll discuss your requirements.
3. If you’d like to work for us—or see why our team members love working for us—then see our “Careers” pages.
If you enjoyed this article, then so will your friends, so why not share it...
All of our articles are subject to our Testimonial Protocol, which is described here.